A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a part qualified candidate to join the UK finance team working within the service entities of the business. In this role you will be reporting directly into the Finance Manager and is a great opportunity for someone to take their next step into management accounts. This is a varied role in areas that are fundamental to the success of AO and is a great opportunity for someone to build upon their management accounts skills and knowledge. We will also support you through your continued study towards AAT (if applicable) with subsequent support through CIMA.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Preparation (in partnership with commercial team), review and submission of weekly and monthly forecasts.
* Prepare Outturn forecasts and bridges, capturing risks and opportunities.
* Preparation and posting of journals for month-end close in line with business deadlines.
* Prepare month-end actuals P&L for review by Finance Manager.
* Prepare month-end actuals BS for review by Finance Manager.
* Working closely with the Financial Services commercial teams to generate forecast models for financial planning and forming the basis for the budget
* Preparation of annual budget for submission.
* Data integrity checks of warranty commission statements.
* Weekly review of salaried staff commissions.
* Ensuring stock loss figures are correctly posted in Elek Direct.
* Weekly and monthly analysis of group stock loss position including the development of KPI’s in consultation with the Finance Manager.
* Prepare Outturn forecasts and bridges for Stock Loss, capturing risks and opportunities.
* Preparation of the annual budget for stock and monitoring of variances vs budget.
* Business Partnering with commercial / operational staff to improve stock loss position.
Ad hoc tasks for the Finance Manager as required including providing cover for Elek / Outlet.
A Few Things About You
* AAT qualified/ AAT part qualified
* High proficiency in MS Excel (sumifs, vlookups, pivots etc.)
* Takes ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required
* Demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
* Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and understand new areas
* Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
* Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
* Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a ‘can do’ way of thinking, and is willing to accept new challenges
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.