About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Administrator to contribute to the growth of our team. In this role you will be an essential part of the Group Estates function, working closely with the Estate Operations lead to manage all aspects of cost control, administration and absence cover for our Reception desks in both Bolton and Manchester.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• To effectively manage ordering for the Estates department, raising purchase orders and invoice validation, from inception to completion.
• To produce a range of financial data to highlight current and forecasted commercial spend plus any cost saving opportunities.
• To maintain and audit documentation within the facilities files
• Building and maintaining relationships with our external suppliers and landlords to gather reports and paperwork within deadlines
• Covering sickness and annual leave for our Receptionists in Bolton and Manchester
• Facilitating bookings for our meeting rooms
• To be responsible for booking accommodation for our employees who are travelling within the UK
A Few Things About You
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment by following processes accurately and consistently
• Highly motivated and have the ability to time manage and prioritise tasks to meet deadline
• An open communicator with excellent relationship building skills
• Familiarity with using business systems such as Excel (including formulas) and Word
• Highly organised and efficient with phenomenal attention to detail
• You are a Team player, who will go above and beyond to take on additional duties to support the wider team
• Ideally you would have previously worked within a Facilities management team
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance