ERP/D365 Change Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Location: Bolton Hybrid
About The Role
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £millions into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation.
The first stop on our roadmap is to embed, optimise and roll out D365 into our Finance team. Then we’ll be integrating other areas such as HR, Sales, and Supply Chain. So we’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join us in creating the D365 landscape for Finance.
As a Project Manager, you’ll work closely with tech colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business, making sure that our processes are defined and that we’ve got everything in place. It’s a perfect time to come on board as we begin our transformation project - this role will give you exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, unrivalled career growth, and the ability to shape the future of D365 at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- The delivery of an integrated people, process, and technology solution to deliver improved organisational performance in line with the implementation of the new finance system.
- The facilitation of changes needed to adapt to the changes in technologies, new operating models, and business processes.
- The definition of the process for deploying and integrating new digital capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to and fully compatible with business operations.
- Management of the planning, design, execution and reporting of business process tests and usability evaluations.
- Establishing an approach for forecasting, planning, and monitoring the realisation of anticipated benefits.
To oversee this workstream, AO are looking for an ERP Business Change Project Manager to…
- Manage the end-to-end activities to deliver the business-facing elements of the transformation.
- Manage time, cost, and quality of activities - reporting in line with our Delivery Framework.
- Consider risks and issues at each step of the project.
- Effectively communicate with the project teams, stakeholders, partners, suppliers, and customers.
- Make sure the project scope is continuously understood by everyone involved.
- If any changes are proposed, make sure they’re in line with the project parameters - e.g. scope, budget, and schedules.
- Identify any steps needed to facilitate service transition and handover into a BAU programme.
A Few Things About You
- Pro-active, self-starter able to take the initiative, energise resources and get their ‘sleeves rolled up’ and ‘lead from the front’.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (to progress the agenda with people with multiple demands on their time and understand the implications of the ask on their role and team).
- Practical experience of the software development lifecycle, agile working practises and the challenges presented with introducing large-scale ERP solutions as part of a business transformation programme.
- Experience in managing the accountabilities and deadlines of cross-matrix teams
- Pro-active management of risks and issues through mitigation strategies and early intervention.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, leveraging SharePoint and Microsoft Teams as a documentation repository and collaboration tools.
- Able to work to challenging deadlines.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.