ERP/D365 IT Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Location: Bolton Hybrid
About The Role
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £millions into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation.
The first stop on our roadmap is to embed, optimise and roll out D365 to our Finance team. Then we’ll be integrating other areas such as HR, Sales, and Supply Chain. So, we’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join us in creating the D365 landscape for Finance.
As a Project Manager, you’ll work closely with tech colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business, making sure that our processes are defined and that we’ve got everything in place. It’s a perfect time to come on board as we begin our transformation project - this role will give you exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, unrivalled career growth, and the ability to shape the future of D365 at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Implementation of D365 Finance and the associated processes.
· Migration of data from legacy systems.
· Integration between Dynamics 365 and other systems in the IT estate (to support end-to-end processes).
· Remapping existing reports (to reflect the change in data source) and developing new supporting reports form.
To oversee this workstream, AO are looking for an ERP Project Manager to…
· Lead the end-to-end management of the activities to undertake the analysis, design, build and testing of the finance system, systems integration and BI / Reporting.
· Manage time, cost, and quality of activities - reporting in line with our Delivery Framework.
· Consider risks and issues at each step of the project.
· Effectively communicate with the project teams, stakeholders, partners, suppliers, and customers.
· Make sure the project scope is continuously understood by everyone involved.
· If any changes are proposed, make sure they’re in line with the project parameters - e.g. scope, budget, and schedules.
· Identify any steps needed to implement service transition and handover into a BAU programme.
A Few Things About You
· Pro-active, self-starter able to take the initiative, energise resources and get your ‘sleeves rolled up’ and ‘lead from the front’.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Practical experience in the software development lifecycle, agile working practises and the challenges presented with introducing large-scale ERP solutions into a legacy IT estate as part of a business transformation programme.
· Technical awareness of software integration, data migration, reporting and business intelligence solutions (to be able to sensibly challenge solutions and estimates and convey the technicalities at a summarised level to other stakeholders).
· Experience in negotiating arrangements with the 3rd party suppliers
· Experience in managing multiple teams of technical resources.
· Experience in managing the accountabilities and deadlines of cross-matrix teams
· Pro-active management of risks and issues through mitigation strategies and early intervention.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, leveraging SharePoint and Microsoft Teams as a documentation repository and collaboration tools.
· Able to work to challenging deadlines
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.