About The Role
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £millions into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation.
The first stop on our roadmap is to embed, optimise and roll out D365 into our Finance team. Then we’ll be integrating other areas such as HR, Sales, and Supply Chain. So we’re looking for an experienced to architect to join us - initially creating the D365 Architecture for Finance, but ultimately executing it across our long-term strategic plan.
As an Enterprise / Solutions Architect, you’ll work closely with tech colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business, making sure that our processes are defined and that we’ve got the right architecture in place. It’s a perfect time to come on board as we begin our transformation project - this role will give you exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, unrivalled career growth, and the ability to shape the future of D365 at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Lead the design and development of business processes that enhance our MS Dynamics functionality
- Develop enterprise level principles, standards, best practice and patterns/policies
- Create and maintain the current, future and transitional states of the enterprise architecture (e.g. application model and application to process mappings)
- Work with business and technology leads to make sure our architecture is robust and optimised across the business
- Actively educate, promote and communicate the benefits of Enterprise Architecture to the wider business
- Make sure others are adhering to the architecture strategy, principles and framework
- Develop and maintain architecture roadmaps (spanning a 3-year horizon) from current to future states
- Stay on top of new architecture updates to drive innovation for new and enhanced capabilities that could benefit AO
A Few Things About You
- Strong design & architecture knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (AX & D365)
- Significant experience as an Enterprise Architect or Solutions Architect, developing and maturing architecture capabilities
- Confidence working with senior level stakeholders to define and align technology strategies with business objectives, incorporating them into strategic roadmaps
- The ability to model organisational strategies (current and future states) with capability or process maps
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall delivery methods in a large-scale Programme Delivery environment, and their implications for Enterprise Architecture
- The ability to look at our Enterprise Architecture and understand how it fits into our overall tech roadmap and come up with solutions
- Great communication skills, with the ability to coach AOers across the business in how to engage with the EA practice and get the best from it
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Matched pension - contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Help @ Hand scheme - virtual GP, mental health support, physiotherapy etc
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.