A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
The opportunity for the successful candidate is to build and lead a pragmatic and valuable Enterprise Architecture function, helping execute AO’s long-term strategic plan. AO has a rich ecosystem of technologies and is at a stage of maturity where the complexity offers opportunities to consolidate/improve and innovate.
The Enterprise Architect will ensure that EA processes are defined and that there is an appropriate architecture review process in place. They will lead the integration of these processes with related business and tech processes and will drive continuous improvement.
The Enterprise Architect will be required to work closely with tech colleagues and Senior Business Stakeholders. Working with Microsoft Dynamics AX & 365 on projects, supporting them in meeting service goals and contributing to the overall strategy on establishing and implementing the tech operating model. The candidate will be tasked with the creation of proposals through to the delivery of large transformational solutions. Engagement at a senior level to understand business problems, excite stakeholders with innovative solutions and deliver outcomes which excite users and customers.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Lead the design and development of business processes that enhance the out of the box MS Dynamics functionality
- Effectively promote Dynamics capability within the business ensuring further adoption throughout the business
- Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
- Meet and exceed the businesses expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Identify risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary
- Ensure Dynamics updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally
- Contribute to the definition of the AO’s vision, goals and objectives with the aim of identifying and executing on opportunities to maximize the business benefits of Enterprise Architecture initiatives across all our lines of business and key customer journeys
- Actively participate in the shaping of emerging business needs and be able to articulate them to technology teams. As part of this drive innovation, concept assessments, due diligence reviews and industry benchmarking for new and enhanced capabilities that could benefit the business.
- Support management decision-making, ensuring that tech decisions are made with due consideration of their long-term impact on the entire organisation (e.g. counselling against investment in a technology that will have to be replaced before its value has been realised).
- Developing and maintaining achievable capability-based roadmaps spanning a 3-year horizon from current to future states.
- Architecture Development
- Responsible for the development of enterprise level principles, standards, best practice and patterns/policies for re-use. Ensure that EA deliverables are fit for purpose and provide an effective mechanism to guide delivery decisions.
- Create and maintain the current, future and transitional states of the enterprise architecture for your domain (e.g. application model and application to process mappings).
- Work with business and technology leads to ensure that we have a robust and optimised architecture across our different lines of business, including digital, data and tech transformation initiatives to realise business benefits.
- Architecture Management and Governance
- Actively educate, promote and communicate the business benefits of Enterprise Architecture.
- Promoting, evangelising and agreeing the tech strategy and Enterprise Architecture across all teams and ensuring there is consensus and understanding across the business.
- Ensure that solution architects understand the Enterprise Architecture and are producing deliverables that are compliant with the Enterprise Architecture, tech standards and principles
A Few Things About You
- Good working design & architecture knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX & D365
- Significant experience performing in an EA role for a company, division or business unit, developing and maturing the architecture capabilities. Evidence of leading material business change through Enterprise Architecture.
- Significant experience of working with Business Leadership, e.g. Divisional MD and Product leaders, to define and align technology strategies with strategic objectives.
- Gathering and interpreting requirements from the business and product teams and incorporating into strategic roadmaps.
- The ability to model the organisational strategies (current and future states) with capability or process maps. These models are used to determine impact and "what if" scenarios for investments and strategic direction.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery methods in a large-scale Programme Delivery environment and their implications for Enterprise Architecture.
- Digital business literacy including understanding business models, ecosystems and business model innovation.
- Good understanding of new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Track record of providing out of the box, ISV and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics deployment
- Experience with Dynamics implementation in a Lead Design role
- Skilled in the technical capabilities of Dynamics
- SCRUM leadership, DevOps and Agile development practices are essential
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.