About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join our site team. As the Engineering Manager, you will build and develop a high-performing team. You will provide leadership, direction and deliver the strategic plan for the department whilst driving innovation, best practice, and continuous improvement.
You will oversee all maintenance and engineering activity including Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), defect and risk management, breakdowns, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and project engineering work. The successful candidate will receive training and be fully supported as they join our team.
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
- · Are you a fully qualified and experienced Engineer with great knowledge across multiple disciplines?
- · Are you great with people, able to get your team on board, motivated, and working to full potential?
- · Are you well organised, great at priority setting, and able to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities?
- · Do you have a huge appetite to learn about new equipment and technologies?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As the Engineering Manager you will work closely with the Head of Engineering & Innovation in the development and delivery of the strategic engineering plan. You will lead all maintenance and engineering activity, have an opportunity to problem solve, innovate, and drive plant performance to high levels. You will lead, coach and mentor your team ensuring that the department exceeds expected levels of performance, provides high plant availability and excellent levels of support for the operational teams.
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture, leading towards a target of zero harm for AOR personnel and contractors.
- Actively review engineering works to ensure that work is being carried out safely in accordance with the relevant safe systems of work.
- Oversee and continuously improve all maintenance and engineering activity including Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), defect and risk management, breakdowns, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and project engineering work.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 15 staff, optimising engagement, and overall team performance.
- Leads in resolving complex technical issues or failures as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams.
- Continuous review of plant availability, and department performance, Identifying gaps, root causes and subsequent improvement activity.
- Planning and coordination of all capital project work for the site.
- Monitors progress against project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals.
- Contributes to and delivers improvement initiatives in line with the strategic engineering plan.
- Manage and develop third party relationships, ensuring effective service contracts are in place and demonstrate best value.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering department.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
A Few Things About You
- Experienced and qualified engineer with either mechanical or electrical bias and excellent knowledge across multiple disciplines.
- Previous experience working within a process, production, or manufacturing environment.
- An appetite to learn about the machinery and equipment we use and really understand its function.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise workloads including contractors.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence and negotiate at all levels of a business.
- Confident and able to make decisions in the absence of other leaders.
- Great with people, able to get teams on board, motivated, developed and working to full potential.
- Excellent H&S knowledge and experience.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.