About The Role
As an ER Adviser at AO, you will be working in a team providing generalist support across our client groups; these include our Central Functions (think Marketing, Finance, and other areas that enable the business), Logistics and Warehouse, and Manufacturing. No two days will be the same with the number of people we have and the cases and issues you will be helping our managers resolve.
This is a great time to be joining the team as we launch a new "manager advice" line providing support to our team leaders and managers across the business. Two-thirds of your time, you will be supporting the managers on queries they have on phone-based support. For those more complex cases, the other third of your time will be spent as a case advisor. You will also be working with the wider People team in improving our policies and working on strategic projects.
You will provide an exceptional customer experience, defined by the AO Values, which will be at the heart of the service whilst providing robust, thoughtful, practical, legally compliant, and challenging options and advice to managers.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Steer stakeholders through the correct procedures and company best practice, advising at all stages and ensuring that all discussions and actions are progressed in a timely manner; advice will be legally compliant, commercially focused, pragmatic and balanced with the company values
* Offer appropriate solutions in a timely manner and triage to relevant client groups when required. Escalate complex or serious issues to a Senior Advisor when required
* Working alongside the Senior Advisors to build relationships with People Partners with an understanding of providing relevant data to them on a monthly basis. Working closely with the senior advisors to ensure the data provided is accurate and effective for the People Partners
* Providing excellent remote advice in support of the business; ensuring all queries are dealt with in a consistent, timely (in line with SLA's) and professional manner
* Work with the other Senior Advisors and the wider team to ensure cross collaboration and peer review of advice when needed
* Working alongside the ER Services Lead and Senior Advisors on ER documentation, including manager guides, letter templates and policies where required
* Actively build internal and external networks to maintain up to date knowledge, have a great understanding of best practice and readily share ideas with the team
A Few Things About You
- In depth understanding and application of UK employment legislation
* Excellent organisation skills with the ability to meet tight conflicting deadlines and manage own workload
* Strong communication skills, ability to influence at all levels in a business including at a senior management level
* Ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity to influence change within a very commercially focused fast-moving business
* Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions and a methodical approach to problem solving
* Ability to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team.
* Self-motivated, pro-active, and flexible
* Ideally, level 5 CIPD qualified with substantial previous experience working with stakeholders at a variety of levels
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.