A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This key role in our CRM team is responsible for the operational set up and delivery of all multi-channel campaigns required to execute our market leading, customer-centric CRM programme. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and ambitious individual with proven experience in email development and driving KPI improvements for email and SMS channels.
Key to the role is managing a team of developers as well as working alongside the wider IT team to develop and maintain the CRM database infrastructure and ensure effective data integration with our ESP.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Managing a team of CRM developers and planning dev resource in accordance to business requirements
* Managing the set up and delivery of UK and international multi-channel campaigns
* Writing complex customer segmentation logic for both our scheduled and behaviour based programmes
* Building and maintaining responsive email templates, including dynamic content and predictive intelligence modules, which are consistent with email best practices
* Troubleshooting rendering issues across various browsers, email clients and devices
* Responsibility for email deliverability
* Executing campaigns using ESP filter logic and coding transformation language
* Monitoring and optimising existing automated campaigns across 3 territories
* Liaising with the ESP support team to ensure platform issues/requirements are raised and resolved
* Maintaining awareness of email design and development trends to drive innovation
A Few Things About You
* 3-5 years’ experience developing and broadcasting emails via an ESP
* Proven ability of working with HTML/CSS
* Experience in writing complex audience segments (ideally within Experian/Cheetah)
* Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Dreamweaver and Photoshop/Fireworks)
* Experience in managing a team
* Strong attention to detail - you spot things others don't!
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.