A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there.
Using cutting edge techniques, we’re committed to extracting as much value as possible from the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment that’s thrown away by UK households every year and when AO sells a new appliance, it’s often our job to take the old one away. We give our AO customers total peace of mind by ensuring their unwanted machines are safely and responsibly recycled - or refurbished for resale as a second-hand product.
We’re experts in recycling, and we work with government, local authorities, businesses and consumers to make sure the UK improves the way it recycles its unwanted electrical items.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Engineer has arisen in our rapidly expanding Engineering team in Telford.
Working within the Engineering team, looking after the plant and entire site within AO Recycling, you will perform the day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance to achieve site optimization. Ensure that all housekeeping issues are assessed and dealt with.
You’ll be adopt a hands-on approach at all times to enable maximum efficiency during shift and provide effective and efficient support to the Engineering Manager, Assistant Engineering Manager, Shift Team Leader and overall site.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark on a fledgling Engineering function, ensuring that the customer is provided with engineering maintenance to a defined level, which is delivered by a competent engineering workforce. You will respond to the root cause of automation faults / overall site breakdowns and provide corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Assist with the delivery of maintenance services, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance, and performance improvement for site assets observing work plan compliance to achieve equipment and site optimisation.
- Fault finding, both electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Ensure that levels of housekeeping are maintained.
- Update Maintenance 5000.
- Deploy an efficient communication within the shift to maintain department’s performance and continuity.
- Work as part of the team helping to drive and achieve efficiency and productivity across the site.
- Provide effective and efficient support to the Shift Team Leader by logging faults and entering the correct data into Maintenance 5000.
- Adhere to all risk assessment processes relating to site equipment and ensure Engineering Safe Systems of Work are executed.
- Maintain stock levels through the extensive use of Maintenance 5000.
- Recognise and use each individual’s strengths and weaknesses within the team in order to maintain team performance.
- Assist with ensuring that the site has optimum cover at all time with a flexible approach.
- Be willing to take part on continued training, enabling you to learn about our latest technology and share your knowledge.
- Any other existing or new tasks needed to meet the business operation’s requirements / objectives that are in keeping with post-holders skills and training, primarily, but not solely, in an engineering capacity.
A Few Things About You
- Ability to work 4 on / 4 off shifts in a 24/7 environment
- Level 3 Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical/multi-skilled maintenance engineer BTEC/NVQ/C&G Level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of automated plant equipment
- Experience of working in an operational engineering role
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team
- Able to work overtime, if required
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Flexible approach
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Conveyor & gaseous systems experience
- 18th Edition
- Some PLC experience
- Familiar with IT based maintenance management systems
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want to go. The thing about AO Recycling is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
Plus other benefits particular to our fantastic Telford site include:
* Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate room rate of £85 Bed and Breakfast for overnight stay at the Hotel.
* Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate discounted package of between £43 to £25 per month. This offers employees full 7 day access to their fantastic health club.
* Aspirations Gym Membership: Great deals with gyms in your local area. Corporate rate of £23.50 per month
* Employee of the Month: £50 shopping vouchers for the employee who has gone above and beyond in representing our values.
* Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.