A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
The ‘role’ is responsible for completing commercially focused risk-based troubleshooting within AO Retail in order to identify deficiencies and to provide practical guidance for where improvement could be made to the customer journey.
The role includes working in an independent and agile manner with dotted line reporting into the Internal Audit function. This broad role offers a unique opportunity to understand and review how traffic is driven to the website, how information and media content is displayed and to identify any obstacles affecting conversion. It also offers the opportunity to review control of overheads generated to increase conversion. The role requires a collaborative and driven approach to ensuring stakeholder engagement is maximised and recommendations are adopted.
In addition, the role should be seen as a trusted advisor to AO Retail in terms of reducing commercial risks and in acting as a catalyst for change with other business areas to assist with improvement opportunities.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Responsibility of completing commercially focused risk-based routine audit testing.
- Consumer focused website testing, to determine whether products are displayed and mapped in a consistent manner in accordance with AO’s retail principles.
- Review to ensure multimedia and photography content is fully available on the website and is accurate to product listings.
- Review to ensure displayed products are supported by accurate descriptions, dimensions and key features.
- To review the basket steps, including adding additional services, selecting delivery and payment options to troubleshoot potential customer journey issues.
- To review marketing acquisition strategy and to ensure effective implementation in areas including Google, affiliates, social media and influencers.
- Review of third party invoice accuracy, approval and budget tracking.
- Analyse testing results to determine methods for increasing revenue and decreasing overheads.
- To work collaboratively with retail stakeholders by providing testing feedback and to agree recommendations for improvement.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of the audit testing programme in order to reflect evolving business strategies and to maximise value.
- To maintain an on-going recommendations follow up programme and to evidence the implementation of recommendations.
- Report and escalate any significant immediate business risks.
- Working collaboratively with other assurance providers in order to improve the retail proposition and to recommend new areas of retail testing to Internal Audit.
- To identify opportunity of embedding audit tools designed to highlight exceptions to retail principles and to enable issues to be identified and addressed more efficiently.
A Few Things About You
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt styles depending on stakeholder.
- Smart thinking and driven approach to work in order to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of AO Retail.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to identify key testing evidence sources, undertake appropriate reviews of available evidence and produce relevant findings and conclusions.
- Collaborative approach when working with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
- To ensure that work is undertaken objectively with a high degree of independence, confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability to identify improved ways of working.
- Understanding of invoice and budget approval and reconciliation processes.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.