A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
As our Driver Quality Coordinator your key contacts in this role will be the Quality Manager & Quality team, outbase managers and also the commercial team. You will also build and maintain good working relationships with other departments within the business
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As our Driver Quality Coordinator will help to improve communication with drivers as well as quality of service that our drivers provide to our customers. You will also have an active role in implementing positive changes to the driver training process and help to maintain driver morale.
- Work closely with the outbase managers to improve grading performance and monitor fair allocation of work ie. Champion & Good crews are receiving most of the work when possible.
- Drive down complaints and deal with all things quality related including ETA performance and Service to Promise.
- Proactively identify opportunities for local recruitment, working with our Driver Contracts Manager & multi crew leaders.
- Deliver specified training to drivers when required
- Maintain training records
- Be close to days worked and understand why there may be a gap in what drivers want and what they actually do
- Assisting with the internal auditing processes
- Ensure drivers SSW knowledge is current and covers internal standards
- Work closely with drivers and be the "go to" person for payment queries, grading queries, routing issues, damage claims etc.
- Support to damage to property, vehicle damage and product damage - ad hoc damage training/retraining
- Compliance and infringement checks and training
- Manage any engagement events and driver communications
A Few Things About You
As our Driver Quality Coordinator you will be genuine and passionate about achieving and maintaining the highest quality standards possible. You will be outgoing and expertly communicate our values to drivers and potential drivers. You will have a caring approach to the development of our training materials as they convey the values that we strive to operate by. An open and approachable person, you will work closely with drivers, outbase managers and multi crew leaders to investigate their training and development needs in your quest to drive up quality levels. All of these qualities will help you to be an integral part of the quality team who will assist in the AO family function of delivering an excellent customer experience. Also need to have a flexible approach to working hours in order to see drivers before they leave or when they return, all based around the depots start/finish times.
You will ideally come from an administration background and ideally have a good knowledge of the legislation for drivers as well as a good understanding of the functions of a logistical business.
- Excellent working knowledge of word and outlook
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel including macro and pivot tables
- Training needs analysis
- Administrate and deliver training plans
- Be aware of current legislation, rules and regulations in the driving industry
- Development and updating of training courses
- Understanding of the relevance of training and audit documentation
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good eye for detail
- Enthusiastic and positive about tasks and deadlines
- Have patience and the ability to work under pressure
- Analytical approach
- Not essential - Understanding of driver regulations or CPC
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.