About The Role
A fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company. With favourable shift patterns to allow an excellent work life balance. We offer great internal development opportunities, Employee discount along with a growing list of other perks including simply health and a pension plan
As our Driver Account Manager you will be the first point of contact to all our self-employed drivers to help improve the quality of service they provide our customers as well as communication. You will also have an active role in implementing positive changes to the driver training process and help to maintain driver morale.
- Work closely with our depot managers to actively improve grading performance with a very hands on approach and monitor fair allocation of work to the best crews.
- Deliver Open Days and training days for new drivers ensuring drivers SSW knowledge is current and any ongoing specific ad hoc training to drivers needing support to deliver higher standards.
- Proactively identify opportunities for local recruitment, working with Quality department & multi crew leaders.
- Drive down complaints and deal with all things quality related including ETA performance.
- Maintain training records and assist with the internal auditing process.
- Be close to days worked and understand why there may be a gap in what drivers want and what they actually do.
- Be the "go to" person for payment queries, grading queries, routing issues, damage claims etc.
- Support to damage to property - ad hoc damage training/retraining
- Compliance and infringement checks and training
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will ideally come from a very hands on training and performance driven background and have a good knowledge of the legislation for drivers and the functions of a logistical business.
- Excellent working knowledge of word and outlook
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel including macro and pivot tables
- Training needs analysis
- Administrate and deliver training plans
- Be aware of current legislation, rules and regulations in the driving industry
- Development and updating of training courses
- Understanding of the relevance of training and audit documentation
- Not essential - Understanding of driver regulations or CPC
A Few Things About You
As our Driver Account Manager you will be genuine and passionate about achieving and maintaining the highest quality standards possible, You will be outgoing and expertly communicate our values to drivers and potential drivers.
You will have a caring approach to the development of our training materials as they convey the values that we strive to operate by. An open and approachable person, you will work closely with drivers, outbase managers and multi crew leaders to investigate their training and development needs in your quest to drive up quality levels. All of these qualities will help you to be an integral part of the quality team who will assist in the AO family function of delivering an excellent customer experience. Also need to have a flexible approach to working hours in order to see drivers before they leave or when they return, all based around the depots start/finish times.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.