About The Role
Our Driver Trainer will help to improve communication with drivers as well as quality of service that our drivers provide to our customers. You will also have an active role in implementing positive changes to the driver training process and help to maintain driver morale.
- Salary: £25,500-£28,000 per annum
- Hours: 5 out of 7 Days, flexible working hours (40 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: The Heights, Unit 1, Cranbourne Industrial Estate, Cranborne Road, Potters Bar, EN6 3JN
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Deliver specified training to drivers
- Conduct recruitment sessions/presentations to potential Self-employed contractors
- Improve grading performance & monitor fair allocation of work
- Drive down complaints and deal with all things quality related
- Maintain training records
- Assisting with the internal auditing processes
- Ensure drivers SSW knowledge is current & covers internal standards
- Work closely with drivers and be the "go to" person for payment queries, grading queries, routing issues, damage claims etc
- Support with damage to property, vehicle damage and product damage - ad hoc damage training/retraining
A Few Things About You
- Able to remain calm under pressure and solve problems
- Support the development/wellbeing of your team
- Have a passion to deliver the service we promise our customers
- Able to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
- 33 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.