A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
A full AO Mobile experience is in the works and will be coming soon, which is why we’re looking for everyday heroes to join our family and help us on this exciting journey.
More About the Role
This role is perfect for a self-starter looking for their next career move. AO’s recent acquisition of Mobile Phones Direct offers you the opportunity to establish a new role within the business. If you enjoy the pace of a fast growing business, with the all the benefits of being backed by a great brand this role is definitely a great move for you.
You have the opportunity to shape a customer centric Purchasing and Category Management Strategy with the support of the broader commercial team and established brand. You’re role will be a crucial part of establishing AO Mobile as the place to find the best deals on all the latest smart phones by shaping our range and establishing new categories.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Build, lead and develop a high performing Mobile Trading Team.
- Set the trading methodology and strategies to deliver growth and real time execution.
- Structure trading operations in AO Mobile that provide visibility and insight to local leaders and Executives. This includes the development metrics, insight, processes and engagement models.
- Actively lead our supplier strategy and vendor management across category and portfolio of suppliers including networks, manufacturers, accessories and wearables.
- Establish best price and balanced commercial terms with reference to contracts, payment terms and SLA’s.
- Co-ordinate categories across all Channels, Online, Affiliate.
A Few Things About You
- You have purchasing and category management experience ideally gained in the mobile phone industry or FMCG.
- You have five years plus experience in Purchasing or Trading environments.
Why Choose AO?
- At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
- The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
- Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of MPD you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.