A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
To define ao.com’s digital product strategy to create the easiest and most convenient journey for our customers. We are already the number one online player with the aspiration to become the overall market leader. We will continue to disrupt the industry and is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Setting the digital product vision and strategy
* Manage a team of 35 across delivery, UX and content and identify opportunities for growth within the team
* Scale this team once the strategy has been set to create a disruptive step change
* Managing all digital products (web, tablet, mobile and app) across UK, Germany and Netherlands
* Working with trading teams to manage the merchandising, product range and product content strategy
* Ensure an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all cross functional teams who have an interest in driving the product forward
A Few Things About You
* Great leadership and influencing qualities
* Teamwork and Collaboration - working collaboratively with a group in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal
* Entrepreneurial Drive and Energy - self-motivated, inquisitive and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job
* Planning and Organizing - ability to set priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
* Creativity and Innovation - ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value
* A Commercial appreciation
* Data and customer based decision making
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.