A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
As a Digital Product Manager you will be responsible for managing the delivery of digital solutions for the UK Retail business division. You’d play a critical role in supporting the strategic roadmap and transformation of the digital experience at AO.com, acting as an accountable and visible leader of key product-aligned areas of our digital presence.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence a development squad/s product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Play an active role in agile ceremonies/meetings.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the vision for the piece of work being undertaken so that the team are full aligned behind the objective and equipped to realize it.
- Make business decisions and clearly communicate requirements through epics and user stories so they are understood.
- Define the team mission and be able to communicate it effectively
- Measure, monitor and endeavour to actively improve broad team metrics - golden metric, secondary metrics, team and technical metrics
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer, know the product and all its permutations
- Ensure the projects the team undertake are, at that point in time, the most valuable for team; balancing customer and team value and ensuring technical debt is handled appropriately
- Set the team OKRs on at least a quarterly cadence and compile the sprint updates.
- Provide expert digital consultancy to other Group businesses in relation to discussions/debates on future business propositions where a Digital element is required.
- Build and develop strong links within Digital Delivery, Marketing, E-Commerce & Creative as a whole and external stakeholders, partnering with development agencies and technology providers to strengthen the production capability and services available to our customers.
A Few Things About You
- You will have a strong track record of delivering digital experiences in an agile way for large e-commerce retailers
- Have a good knowledge of the online/mobile medium and technologies, processes and capabilities.
- Demonstrate proven ability to manage multiple & diverse agile delivery teams in complex environments
- You should be passionate about customer experience, digital technology and continuous improvement.
- Have a sound understanding of the agile delivery cycle from ideation through to sprints, retro’s & benefit realisation.
- Show a solid understanding of digital technologies and techniques (e.g. IA, Design, Development, Testing, Browsers).
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.