A Bit About Us
Here at AO Mobile, we are a small family running a pretty big company. We go to great lengths to make our customers the happiest customers ever. We offer a range of Mobile Phones from the bottom end to the very top, along with contracts from all 4 of the UK’s networks (we think that’s pretty cool) and we like to throw in the odd gift or some Cashback should the customer want it too.
We knuckle down and work as a team to make things happen; from supplying the latest handsets with the coolest gadgets, to offering recycling options for our customer’s old handsets. We work very closely with a number of partners to ensure every little step of the customers journey runs smoothly and they are left with nothing to say except "WOW!".
We launched our company in 1992 where we operated Vodafone stores and in 2000’s we operated Nokia Retail both on the high street and online selling. We can’t forget those sweet sounding polyphonic ringtones. In 2011, we decided to move solely online operating as mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. 8 years later, we find ourselves part of the best family out there; AO.com.
More About the Role
The affiliate channel is a vital part of ao.com’s paid acquisition strategy, working with hundreds of websites who advertise the brand. AO mobile is a new venture for the business and this role is fundamental to it’s success. With a focus on building and maintaining relationships with our top tier partners, this a fast-paced & varied role.
We are looking for someone with a commercial mindset who is able to work autonomously and lead the partnership strategy for AO mobile whilst advising on day-to-day pricing and propositions. AO Mobile operates in a fast paced, highly competitive market and this role is pivotal to the company succeeding in its ambition to be the leading online mobile phone retailer in the UK.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Managing a portfolio of aggregator and affiliate partners, driving growth and efficiency whilst building on strong relationships.
- Identifying innovative opportunities to grow the channel, pitching to internal stakeholders & executing them effectively
- Analysing performance and managing day-to-day pricing strategy to balance sales volume whilst maintaining margin.
- Planning / execution of campaigns & key projects to reach targets or demographics
- Working closely with other key departments and such as Trade, Commercial & Design to ensure marketing strategies are aligned and feedback insight.
- Reporting to senior stakeholders on business performance and insights.
A Few Things About You
- Excellent communicator at all levels and confident in presenting strategy to a variety of stakeholders.
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into action driving insight and recommendations
- Relationship management experience, preferably within the affiliate / aggregator space.
- Positive attitude & the ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple priorities and problem solve.
- Experience in the telecoms sector is desirable.
Why Choose AO?
At AO Mobile, our culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your Nan to be treated and make decisions your mum would be proud of" and we go by that very same motto. To do this, we train and empower each and every AO Mobile’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
We don’t want to be robots! We love for every AO Mobile’er to show their personalities and use them to welcome our customers. We don’t just sit and follow processes; we look for new and innovative ways to provide the best possible service.
Let’s not forget our B.E.A.U-tiful office! We work within a small estate, in a lovely converted barn. Amongst many nice and
exciting things we have The Park - a great space for us all to relax and take a break. On the subject of breaks, who doesn’t love a tasty snack? We have fancy fridges containing all of the treats we may need to get us through to home time.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.