A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing executive to join our growing digital acquisition team, based at our Bolton head office.
You’ll be working alongside a digital marketing manager to plan and deliver high profile campaigns across our appliances and tech product range, with a focus on paid social and digital marketing channels.
No two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate will be self-motivated and willing to get stuck in with whatever comes their way. This is an ever evolving team with opportunities to get involved in a variety projects, so we’re looking for someone who will relish the challenge!
The ideal person will have at least 2 years’ marketing experience in a fast paced team, with recent knowledge of paid social marketing channels.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Planning and delivering campaigns, primarily focussing on paid social (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
* Opportunity to also work across other marketing channels including TV, radio, display, and partnerships.
* Deliver campaigns on budget that meet or exceed expectations.
* Liaise with internal stakeholders and external agencies as required.
* Work with an in-house creative team to create campaigns bespoke to the platforms.
* Researching and staying up to date with new trends within the industry, being the paid social expert within the team.
* Use a test & learn approach to identify and refine the best performing audiences, constantly striving to improve performance.
* Reporting on campaigns and identifying future learnings.
A Few Things About You
* A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
* Passionate about all things digital marketing with the desire to be an expert in the field.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive.
* Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas.
* Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
* Strong attention to detail.A team player who gets stuck in and enjoys working on a variety of projects
* Examples of delivering digital campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs.
* At least two years’ marketing experience in a fast paced digital environment, gained either in-house or at an agency at an account executive level.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.