About The Role
You care about designing and delivering brilliant learning experiences. Considering the needs of the learner and how best to engage them throughout.
With a flair for great content design both digital and face to face, you bring with knowledge and experience of modern learning techniques and methodologies i.e. how adults learn best.
Working individually and as part of a wider team you will have responsibility for curating, designing, delivering and maintaining a wide range of blended content, from one off pieces to entire programmes which deliver impact.
Not order takers, we take a performance consulting approach in assessing learning need which means you will approach your work with a curious mindset, not be afraid to ask questions of stakeholders and get to the root of the need.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Design and deliver blended learning initiatives, using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches which deliver impact to the learner and the business
- Ownership of the content development process, which includes; completing the TNA, project plan, kick off meeting, design, sourcing from internal/external parties, sign off, Train the Trainer and/or delivery and evaluation.
- Design or source learning using the most appropriate L&D route including digital learning routes, use of virtual tools and resources
- Act as the L&D expert bringing the latest thinking into L&D and the business.
- Programme Management and maintenance and evaluation
- Stakeholder, SME and external partner management
- Maintenance and refresh of programs and content
- Collaboration with the Content and Digital Learning Manager on content strategy
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of all programmes using a robust metrics
- Review and amend development activities in line with evaluation, ensuring they are continually aligned to business objectives
- Work on specialised projects and support learning design where appropriate to satisfy the needs of the business
- Effectively prioritise and deliver several projects simultaneously
- Understand the L&D vision and strategy and contribute to the development and delivery of the team plans
A Few Things About You
- Expert knowledge of learning design theory and practical application across all type of learning environment, keeping up to date with new thinking/approaches and sharing with the wider team.
- Experienced in the use of digital resources to create and deliver learning e.g. authoring tools, virtual classrooms, creation of infographics etc.
- Experienced in using a wide range of creative software e.g. articulate and adobe products
- Strong and credible delivery/facilitation skills in a virtual and face to face environment. Builds confident quickly regardless of seniority
- Working with SME’s to design content, quickly understands a specific business area needs
- Regularly meet with key stakeholders to discuss and review current status and build plans for future development activities
- Proactively share knowledge and keep L&D management up to date on any important movements and information
- Establish yourself as the expert in learning design and a key influencer
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.