About The Role
Based out of our Manchester creative hub, you will join a multi-disciplinary design team that’s focused on creating the best online retail experience across all our multichannel digital platforms
You will be passionate about new trends, technologies and advances in digital design and identify opportunities to apply these
With a great eye for detail and a genuine love for design you’ll work collaboratively, delivering inventive and strategically considered and exciting design on both a day-to-day and larger campaign level.
Great communication skills are essential and the ability to tackle every aspect of projects from start to finish is a must.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll be participating in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaborating with the creative designers and wider creative teams to constantly push the boundaries of our work. You’ll need to work closely with copywriters, developers and stakeholders to understand project objectives, assist in the creation of concepts and produce highly engaging multi-channel artwork.
You’ll concept and execute responsive web pages, emails, display, social media assets and print material for both manufacturer campaigns and the AO brand. You’ll provide accurate updates and time estimates on projects.
A Few Things About You
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with a portfolio to support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of working within a creative team
- Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work.
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
- Able to bring pre-defined assets and concepts to life.
- Demonstrates strong layout, design and typography skills
- Obsessed with social media and the opportunities presented to engage an audience with outstanding creative.
- Displays a good understanding of responsive web design and UX methodologies.
- Has basic skills in animation to bring products to life for various digital platforms
- Takes an interest in advancements in technology and techniques in design, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team.
Essential Software Skills
XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Microsoft Office
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.