About The Role
As an advocate for DevOps best practice, this role is about shared standards and providing compliance assurance across the AO Tech department.
You’ll be bound to providing frictionless platforms to AO Tech, in view of accelerating technical teams and improving operability. The automated tooling you’ll develop will stop duplicated and repeated work from occurring. By automating manual processes you’ll be establishing technical support to help teams achieve their business goals whilst delivering ongoing development and growth
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
With no two days the same, you could be improving the way we deploy our code one day and then working on speeding up DNS resolution the next.
Your focus will be establishing standards for AO’s AWS platforms and leveraging the latest organizational tooling within AWS. You’ll own and become the first adopters of these practices, processes and systems to help reinforce AO’s cloud assurance and shared services compliance.
Playing as a key communicator you’ll be publicising our latest product and platforms to the Tech teams and helping to define their adoption processes. Using AO’s range of CI/CD tools you’ll leverage to provide dev teams with a safe path to the platforms you provide.
A Few Things About You
- You have experience in development, end-to-end and pride in well-written, quality code - Infrastructure as code (IAC) is a must.
- You build with security in mind and develop processes that help engineers to build secure and compliant systems.
- We are a Windows focused environment, so PowerShell or any other shell scripting knowledge would be a bonus.
- You’ve experience in Managing a central containerization platform and its deployment pipeline as well as developing and optimising CI pipelines with a continuous delivery (CD) mindset.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape