About The Role
With a focus on Cloud infrastructure security, you'll be designing security at the root of our services, applying methods both across, and within, our multi-account environments.
Our teams are all given the trust and freedom to manage their own sprints and backlog in an agile way.
As a security specialist, you thrive on educating those around you with knowledge and information that will continuously increase the department’s security maturity. Think of yourself as AO’s very own cyber bodyguards.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Everything we build today is managed by code, so you'll be expected to build infrastructure as code (IAC) as well as develop processes and solutions for AWS’ 5 security cores.
You'll advise and assist with the design and implementation of cloud projects. Additionally, you'll be automating and templating security processes to help engineers build compliant systems.
You'll be making sure security risks are appropriately prioritised and communicated.
We’ll encourage you to add an extra string to your bow which is why we have launched our AWS Learning Pathways. We’ll offer you the opportunity to choose a pathway towards learning increasingly critical skills and enable the technology direction of AO Tech.
A Few Things About You
- You have experience implementing and administering a mix of native and 3rd party security tools to manage security across a multi-account organisation in AWS.
- You champion best practice when it comes to cloud security.
- You have in-depth knowledge and appreciation for DevOps.
- Your finger is on the pulse, you have an eye for small details and a mind that can think outside of the box.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape