About The Role
Our Day Shift Supervisors play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by rolling up our sleeves up to get things done. You will report directly to our Site Manager and will manage our warehouse team.
Our Shift Supervisor will ensure that our day-to-day warehouse operation always runs effectively and that the warehouse achieves its objectives and KPI’s set out by the business. You will provide support to the warehouse making sure that everything runs smoothly, and the company operate with full compliance.
- Salary: £23,690-£25,750 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off, 6:00am-18:00pm (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Unit 1, Middleton Avenue, Strutherhill Ind. Estate, Larkhall, ML9 2UN
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Allocate and supervise daily tasks as well as briefing the team
- Be accountable for any issues that arise and solve any problems
- Monitor the quality of work that our operatives carry out and manage the Team Leaders
- Effective people management
- Vehicle scheduling and legal documentation - ensure all vehicles are maintained and scheduled for service and documentation filed as required
- Ensure that all products are handled correctly and in-line with manual handling guidelines
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures
- Investigate and rectify any operational errors that occur
- Motivate and encourage the team
- Provide admin support where needed
- Help support the management team with any queries
- Complete handovers to the nights team
- Support with HR functions such as disciplinary meetings in a fair and consistent way
- Plan the shift, look at resource and monitor workloads to ensure that all tasks are complete
- Be responsible for the site’s cleanliness and maintenance
- Implement ways to reduce damages
- Hit KPI targets set by the business
A Few Things About You
While working it is important that we all work together to stay motivated throughout the shift, therefore you must be able to work independently and work well within a team.
- Previous warehouse management experience (essential)
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.