A Bit About Us
AO are on a mission are you ready to play your part?
A fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company, with favourable shift patterns to allow and excellent work life balance.
As our Depot Supervisor you will work closely with our Management team, daily to make sure that our depot runs smoothly and that each one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be the main point of contact for our Self-Employed Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the transhipping, de-briefing of vehicles and delivery of appliances.
More About the Role
You will live each of our values in everything you do will be an ambassador for customer care and delivery quality. You will supervise the loading and unloading of products, your aim to make sure every product is ready for delivery in first class condition to each of our customer’s. You will ensure all our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant and you will work alongside our Quality & People and Development team to ensure your depot is supported and maintains our company values. Your daily tasks will include:
* Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Regional Manager and Head Office on a daily basis.
* Checking that all vehicles leaving the yard are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
* Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training that they have received to provide a safe working environment for everyone
* Complete alcohol testing when required
* Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
* Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
* Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing environments
* Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
* Strong communicator
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage.
A Few Things About You
You will be the type of person who is able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance in the right direction, paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the running of the operation.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.