About The Role
You will work closely with our Regional Manager, on a daily basis to make sure that our Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be the main point of contact for our Self Employed Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the transhipping and delivery of appliances
Hours - 40 hours per week 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off
Shifts - 04:00am - 13:00pm - 13:00pm - 22:00
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will be the type of person who is able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations.
You're smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance in the right direction, paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the running of the operation.
A Few Things About You
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Managed teams before
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing environments
- Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Strong communicator
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.