About The Role
You will work closely with our Depot Supervisor on a daily basis to helpensure that our Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be a point of contact for our Self Employed Drivers and other member of the sites operation.
Hours - 40 hours per week on a 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off shift pattern
Shifts - 04:00am - 13:00pm - 13:00pm - 22:00
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Assistant Outbase Supervisor will support the operation including our team of Drivers and fleet of vehicles. You will ensure all of our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant and you will work alongside our Quality & People and Development team to ensure your outbase is supported and maintains our company values. Your daily tasks will include:
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Regional Manager and Head Office on a daily basis.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the Outbase are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training that they have recieved to provide a safe working environment for everyone
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety
- Team Briefings on a daily/weekly basis
- Engagement activities
A Few Things About You
You will be the type of person who is able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance in the right direction, paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the running of the operation.
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Management of teams
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing environments
- Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Strong communicator
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.