A Bit About Us
As our Depot Manager you will work closely with our Regional Manager, the whole depot team and our self -employed Drivers on a daily basis. As part of your role you will also liaise regularly with our other Depots, Central Management including the Quality and Commercial teams and the people team, to make sure that the Depot operates efficiently and runs smoothly whilst promoting a happy working environment.
More About the Role
As our Depot Manager will play an integral part in ensuring excellent customer service is delivered to each and every one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislation, health & safety and people management. Our purpose is to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way and we can only do this through being smart with our operational running and bold with our decision making. Our people help us to achieve excellent standards and that is why you will be able to manage your team promoting a fun working environment throughout everything we do. You will;
* Ensure that the Depot remains legal and compliant through transport legislation and operational requirements.
* Maintain efficiency through effective people management
* Delegate and supervise daily tasks, being accountable for any issues
* Update and submit reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team on a weekly basis.
* Motivate and support all direct reports
* Carry our HR processes in a fair and consistent way including investigations, grievances, disciplinary meetings, performance management and appraisals.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Performance on agreed KPI’s
* Effective leadership with a motivated workforce
* Management of the budget for the Depot including cost to deliver
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives in a professional manner whilst promoting a happy environment so that your team is motivated and productivity is at its maximum. You will be smart enough to think on your feet, work independently and have a passion to deliver the service we promise our customers. Our Depot Managers are bold enough to challenge the way in which we deliver our service so we can improve the way we work.
A Few Things About You
* You will have excellent logistics knowledge including transport legislation
* Demonstrate an understanding of the home delivery sector
* Experience in leading and motivating your team
* Knowledge or understanding of HR issues and managing performance
* Experience of working to tight deadlines and meeting targets
* Experience of working to KPI’s and budgets
* Understanding of working in an environment with daily changing workloads
- Able to inspire and motivate others
* You will thrive in a customer driven and fast paced environment
* Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
* Able to remain calm under pressure and solve problems autonomously
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Organised and methodical
* Able to produce management reports
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* CPC Holder
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.