About The Role
An opportunity has arisen during these fast paced and interesting times in retail for a Demand Planner to join our Supply Chain team. You'll play a key role in the AO Supply Chain journey as we achieve our strategy of going from good to great, to awesome!
You’ll play a key part in the overall Supply Chain journey as we achieve our strategy of going from good, to great, to awesome! You’ll get to manage a category in our White Goods business whilst building and maintaining internal and external relationships, that increases our availability and ultimately enhances our customer’s journey.
You’ll develop and progress your skills with our internal systems, develop your knowledge of Supply Chain and will have the opportunity for progression in a fast paced and fun working environment.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll work collaboratively with the buyer to forecast the range
- Attend meetings with our suppliers to agree on forecast and intake plans
- Manage range change - ensuring a smooth transition between old and new range
- Build and maintain fantastic working relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Promotional planning
- Deliver weekly updates from your category to senior management
- Data Maintenance in Relex (forecasting & replenishment system)
- Achieving KPI targets; forecast accuracy, availability and excess stock
A Few Things About You
- Experience of working in the supply chain team, ideally as an assistant demand planner
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and use your own initiative
- Organised with a high level of attention to detail
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!