A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
You will work closely with our Outbase Manager, Nightshift Supervisors & Transport Administrators on a daily basis to make sure the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will work very closely with our self-employed drivers on their return to the Outbase, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our Transport De-briefer will assist with the daily Outbase operation helping to ensure that the Outbase runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager, your colleagues and the Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen.
- Debrief all returning vehicles
- Checking for damages and any safety issues
- Communicating with Drivers regarding the daily runs and any issues
- Reporting defects using our in-house systems
- Managing VOR's
- Downloading camera footage taken from the vehicles and tachograph machines
- Liaise with our vehicle management unit and Sub-Contractors
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be bold enough to challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers whilst being able to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance forwards. You will pay careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers through the high standards we promote with vehicle image demonstrating initiative in your own decision making in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
You will have:
- An understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
- Experience in dealing with Drivers
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads is desirable
- Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges and deal with any issues
You will be:
- Able to remain calm and focused under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively face to face
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate, specifically Microsoft Packages
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.