About The Role
AO are looking for HGV Shunter Drivers to join our Days shift in Crewe
The pay rate is £14.91 per hour plus the opportunity to pick up overtime when available, with fixed start times of 5am - 5pm
We are offering a flexible shift pattern of 4 on 4 off at an average of 40 hours per week to allow for a great work life balance.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Shunting with AO:
- As a shunter for AO you will ensure the safe transportation of trailers around site and preparing all trailers to be loaded and unloaded.
- Ensure our yard is safe and organised
A Few Things About You
- Good communication skills
- Must hold an HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) & driving licence.
- Current and Valid driver CPC card.
- No more than 6 penalty points. (No IN DR or DD codes)
Why driver for us:
- Appropriate training provided
- Employee discount and a growing list of other perks
- Pension Plan
- Digital Tachograph Card Renewal
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 24 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.