About The Role
How does building best practices, making future decisions, and putting your stamp on how Data Science should work sound?
Our Data Engineering, Analytics & AI function is accountable for all things data with the mission of turning data into a strategic asset and creating a data-driven culture.
Big growth plans are in place to build a broader and deeper data capability to achieve that mission. The newly formed Data Science function is a key part of this new data capability.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
With the support of our Senior Data Scientist, you'll work closely with our teams to identify how advanced analytics, statistics and machine learning can help to solve business problems in new and innovative ways. You'll be hands-on from the initial exploration to embedding new algorithms into our production systems.
You'll work with different types of unstructured text data: product reviews, customer feedback and site searches. Providing insight to the business through the creation and delivery of detailed and repeatable interactive analytical tools and deployable models.
A Few Things About You
- You like to stay informed of cutting-edge data science industry developments and have a clear grasp of when to prioritize complex non-standard methods over faster, simpler approaches.
- You’re in the know when it comes to machine learning, regression, classification, and clustering, with experience of using R, Python and MATLAB too. You can speak the language of the numbers when it comes to commercial and business teams.
- Expertise in applying text analytics, NLP and NLU to real problems such as sentiment analysis, chatbots, review moderation and semantic search.
- Excited by decoding mathematical processes, and converting them to code, and have experience mapping business processes and needs onto mathematical models.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward. We strive to build teams that reflect our wide and diverse customer base. By nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters, diversity will help us find a better way.
Flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm. It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. We trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little wins.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance