About The Role
These are newly created roles in the organisation as part of reshaping and growing the data function. The Data Product Manager role will own the roadmap and the successful delivery of impactful and strategically aligned data products. You will do this through innovation, experimentation and smart and proactive stakeholder engagement while capitalising on technological potential.
You will ideate, test, develop and deliver key data products that create a competitive advantage by capturing growth, profit and cost optimisation opportunities. Working collaboratively with our passionate blended teams of in-house and 3rd party talent, you will support our teams in understanding data requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in shaping, planning, implementing and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment.
This is a remote-first role and is advertise on the following basis:
- Role is open to you UK-based candidates only. You must be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions
- You are expected to work from home most of the time with a minimum 1 day-week spent in the office in Bolton (post COVID-19 lockdown)
- You are also expected to take part in face to face team events that are deemed essential (post COVID-19 lockdown)
- You will be provided with the necessary equipment to perform your role
- You must have a fast and reliable broadband / WiFi connection to be able to work remotely in an effective way
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Stakeholder engagement & roadmap development
- Build and nurture relationships across the business with stakeholders and SMEs
- Work closely with stakeholders, data architects and SMEs to help develop and maintain the overarching data roadmap and formulate the right data initiatives
- Take ownership of making sure data initiatives are directly traceable to concrete and measurable business outcomes and deliver strategic value
- Maintain a commercial mindset focusing product definition and delivery on growth, profit and cost reduction opportunities
- Pitch ideas to stakeholders in senior positions
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand relative priority of requirements and where appropriate, propose phasing options to help the business achieve value sooner
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support DEA&AI team and stakeholders in maximising benefit, in an environment of continual change
- Requirements elicitation & management
- Work with stakeholders, Product BAs and other DEA&AI team members to agree and document scope
- Gather, understand and validate business data requirements using the appropriate techniques
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate user stories and acceptance criteria detailing data, analytical and insight requirements
- Create appropriate documentation such as data models, data mappings, process flows, etc. to support conversations within the DEA&AI team and with stakeholders
- Ensure data requirements are traceable, feasible and are assigned a measurable business value
- Elicit, capture and document non-functional requirements
- Use appropriate tools to capture and maintain requirements
- Be the first point of contact for DEA&AI team members when any clarification of requirements is needed
- Benefits realisation
- Undertake analysis of completed work to ensure success criteria is being met, and to assess whether the outcome is successful in achieving its goal
- Help facilitate post live reviews to measure the success of a work delivered against OKRs
- Help position the DEA&AI team as a strategic partner, as opposed to a service, encouraging a spirit of collaboration. Open stakeholders’ eyes to what data can help us achieve, whilst maintaining an eye on data governance and best practice, pushing us towards being a truly data-driven culture.
- Build relationships with the wider AO Tech community to make sure the DEA&AI is in their thoughts in relation to any projects they may be undertaking
- Promote the efficient use of Enterprise Data Solutions with effective comms and the provision of training opportunities for end users
- Celebrate DEA&AI’s successes with PR activities
Community of practice
- Join and collaborate with a mature Business Analyst community which will not only support you individually on a professional level, but on a personal level as well
- Contribute to knowledge shares within the Business Analyst community and AO Tech department
A Few Things About You
- Multi-year experience working in a Product Management and/or BA capacity, with clear and specific focus on data roadmaps, initiatives and requirements
- Solid experience working in a full-scale data capability, including data architecture, enterprise information management, data science and data engineering
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience with the full spectrum of analysis techniques (e.g. interviewing, observation, inspections, detailed data capture)
- Experience of what analysis techniques work when, especially in relation to different types of data exploitation (from BI to AI/ML)
- Demonstrable experience delivering a range of data solution, from data transformation to data visualisations to advanced analytics
- Solid experience of data modelling techniques (e.g. conceptual/logical, operational/analytical, data vault)
- Solid experience of data modelling tools (e.g. Erwin, PowerDesigner, ER/Studio, etc.)
- Experience working with a range of data exploitation tools (PowerBI, Rstudio, Elsatic Search, etc.)
- Familiarity with data architectures and design patterns (e.g. logical data warehouse, event streaming, lambda/kappa)
- Familiarity with cloud data infrastructure capabilities (AWS, Azure)
- Good grasp of Enterprise Information Management practices and tools
- Good grasp of data privacy and compliance (including GDPR) requirements and practices
- Great communication and relationship development skills
- Passion, drive and commitment to succeed in a fast-moving, highly pressured environment
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
• You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
• We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.