About The Role
Our Data Engineering, Analytics & AI function is accountable for all things data. We have the mission of turning data into a strategic asset and creating a data-driven culture.
Big growth plans are in place to build a broader and deeper data capability to achieve that mission. This is a key role in the new wider data capability for how we manage and use data in fast paced and people-led environment.
By enabling data innovation, you’ll be working as part of cross-functional teams to deliver data infrastructure as a set of platform capabilities within the organisation.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll be automating and templating data infrastructure provisioning to help product teams fulfil data needs whilst providing self-serve discovery, exploitation and dashboarding capabilities.
Sharing data infrastructure best practice across the organisation, you’ll be ensuring consistency in approach to a wide variety of business problems. All the while contributing to the AO Platform community
A Few Things About You
- You have got some experience delivering in a full-scale data capability within a platform as product culture.
- You have a grasp of data mesh and appreciation of domain-driven data products.
- Everything we build today is managed by code, so knowledge of Infrastructure as code (IAC) is preferred.
- You’ve worked with Apache Kafka, and cloud-based services (AWS S3, Redshift, Glue) and know how to build with modern practices including the use of cloud-native technologies, DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines and agile delivery.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape