About The Role
Our Data Engineering, Analytics & AI function is accountable for all things data with the mission of turning data into a strategic asset and creating a data-driven culture.
Big growth plans are in place to build a broader and deeper data capability to achieve that mission.
This role is key to building and growing a new data engineering community of practice and modernising how we do data engineering here at AO. The role will play a key part in enabling data innovation, working as part of cross-functional teams to deliver data products across the organisation.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Identify, design, and implement working practices across data pipelines, data architectures, testing and deployment. Understand complex business requirements and providing solutions.
Understand modern data architecture approach including event-driven, data streaming and data mesh. Contributing data engineering best practice and sharing across the organisation
Ensuring consistency in approach to a wide variety of business problems
A Few Things About You
- You can easily understand complex business requirements and provide solutions across a full-scale data capability.
- You prefer a modern data architecture approach including event-driven, data streaming and data mesh.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka and cloud-based services (AWS S3, Redshift, Glue) and containers
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable high-quality code with Python/Java
- Experience with cloud native technologies, DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines and agile delivery
- An understanding of data mesh and appreciation of domain-driven data products
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward. We strive to build teams that reflect our wide and diverse customer base. By nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters, diversity will help us find a better way.
Flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm. It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. We trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little wins.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance