About The Role
We are looking for a Data analyst who can help to build a data driven culture within AO, by helping to solve business problems by leveraging data. Working in the Web analytics team you will have the opportunity to work closely with our product teams to improve the AO website experience.
You will be one of the analytics contacts within a specialist product team, responsible for monitoring, testing and analysis of the AO.com and AO.de websites. We are making continual improvements to our visitors experience through analysis produced and thorough testing of any changes implemented aligned to over business objectives.
This role will report to our Predictive Analyst and play a play a key role in making Analytics and Personalisation centres of excellence within the business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Analyse on site experiments from creation to results.
- Work closely with the product teams to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create dashboards to allow easy access to key data.
- Provide regular reporting on both performance and commercial metrics.
- Use campaign data to generate and deliver actionable insights.
A Few Things About You
- Have a desire to understand data analytics and how it can impact the business.
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Effective communicator
- Keen problem solver
You have experience with?
- Working Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Use of visualisation tools (Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Looker)
- Calculating and comparing commercial measures
Nice to have’s
- Work experience working in E-commerce or similar
- Some experience of programming languages (Python, Java, R)
- Knowledge of BigQuery or prior usage of SQL
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.