About The Role
Safeguarding AO’s users and their data from automated and targeted cyber-attacks. The role will demand a highly technical background and the ability to understand, manage and resolve incidents of varying scale and complexity.
You will be part of a new initiative focused on shielding user’s from malicious intent through proactive security solutions and staff awareness training programs.
This is a team who are given the trust and freedom to innovate and deliver security practices that are right for the business, without compromising AO’s velocity. Security advancements will be driven by your team, requiring you to regularly think outside the box to meet requirements and agreed deadlines.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Own the continuous improvement process of Security Operations, improving, building effectiveness and efficiency across services
· Liaison with SOC Lead to optimise the use of cyber security tools to protect AO and therefore our customers and systems from cyber-attacks and security incidents
· Take the lead Using tools available to create a single view of AO's exposure to exploits and associated risk, performing regular review to create visibility of our risk profile and being responsible to help inform those who need to know in order to drive change
· Collaborate with IT and Development Services to administer configuration of security products which support AO
· On-Boarding of new security solutions with the correct standard operating procedures being in place
· Support InfoSec in driving remediation of vulnerabilities within operational areas including those managed by third parties in security incident response capabilities for AO, responding effectively to security incidents
A Few Things About You
Detailed technical knowledge of Windows-based IT systems including both client and server
Solid understanding of IP networking principals
Experience of cyber security management systems to support the identification, prevention and protection of cyber risks and even
Demonstrable experience of security risk management, incident response and crisis management
Demonstrable experience of investigating security breaches and security incident management
Experience of 365/Azure
Experience of managing a commercial security email service - ie mimecast
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance