About The Role
Making customers happy is at the heart of everything we do. It’s such a big deal at AO that even our logo is smiling!
As a Customer Service Specialist at AO, you’ll be exceptional in the moments that matter. We treat every customer like our gran - and we’ll trust you to do the right thing.
But it’s not just our customers we want to keep happy, we want our AOers to have a permanent smile too. Basic salary starts at £19,657* and we’ve boosted that with a range of benefits for health, wellness and rewards.
- £19,657 = full time annual salary. This will be pro rata based on the hours you work.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
.Our customers love how easy it is to place an order with us online. But sometimes not everything goes to plan, or they may just need a little bit of help. Our drivers and engineers may also need some support - so you’ll get calls from them too.
You’ll be managing the day-to-day queries and solving each problem with a smile. As a great listener, you’ll quickly build connections, and take a personal approach to turn that frown upside down.
We’ve got different shifts Monday - Sunday (between 16-40 hours per week) - just let us know your availability and we’ll work around you. We offer hybrid working with our team splitting their time 60/40 between working in our Crewe office and working from home. But we’d need you on-site for your first three months whilst you learn the ropes.
A Few Things About You
- You’ve got solid communication and listening skills including a friendly telephone manner.
- You really care about the customer and want to solve their problems quickly.
- You’ve got a can-do attitude and a genuine desire to leave the customer with a positive experience.
- You’re PC literate and know how to use Word, Excel and Outlook. Learning new systems is something you can do easily.
You don’t need to have any customer-facing experience, because we’ll provide you with all the right training.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
.We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well as all the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the things that matter.
• 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
• Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
• Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
• £200 annual attendance bonus
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
• 2x fully paid charity days a year
• Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.