A Bit About Us
We’re on a mission to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way, and we want you to help get us there.
Our people have exceptional working standards, respect each other, are engaging, happy and are empowered to delight our customers. You have thousands of different ways you can make them happy, because it's 100% about our customer’s experience and doing what is right and fair.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 20 years later we have a 4.7* TrustPilot rating, expanded our business into Europe, opened up an array of new product categories and even floated on the London stock exchange. But we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do, and the foundation of our success lies on keeping it the best it can be. We summarise this as "Treat every customer like your Nan, by making decisions your Mum would be proud of"
You will be ensuring our customers have the best possible journey with us by taking Inbound calls and ensuring that everyone you speak to has an exceptional experience.
Shifts - 40 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern including weekends. Hours can range between 8am and 10pm.
There is a possibility you will be working from home in the early stages of starting with us.
Salary - Starting Basic of £18,137, which can increase to £22,500 through Performance and Length of Service
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Making our Customers Happy. Be proactive and innovative whilst ensuring you create an exceptional experience.
- Always aiming for First Call Resolution. Our customers’ time is precious, so we need you to be effective and efficient.
- Being accountable for your actions. Take ownership of your customer, commit to solving their issue and be sure to set realistic expectations.
- Embodying and protecting our Culture and Values by doing things in The AO Way.
A Few Things About You
- To be able to perform consistently against our main KPI’s: (Customer Happiness, Effectiveness, Repeat Calls)
- To strive for continuous improvement with a focus on finding the right solution.
- To be positive - it breeds and our customers feel it. Come to work with a smile.
- Be able to work well under pressure and to multitask.
- show resilience and the skill to deal with challenging customers and situations.
- Show flexibility when it comes to business needs and change.
- To demonstrate absolute care for our customers, our colleagues and our business. We can’t pay you to care
Great People Deserve Great Things
In the Contact Centre, we believe in rewarding achievements and genuinely recognising success. We do this every month and then gather everyone together for an Annual Awards Evening. Along with that, as an AO’er you can take full advantage of our company benefits package, onsite facilities and the fundamentals of pensions and holidays. These are all designed to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.