Customer Research & Insight Manager
About The Role
As a Customer Research and Insight Manager at AO, you’ll spend your days deep diving into the data, finding the stories within the numbers and identifying insights and recommendations. You’ll be passionate, love solving complex problems and excited about improving customer trust.
Bringing with you end-to-end experience of conducting survey research to measure customer sentiment along with a passion for managing a team that deliver customer insights into the business.
We know we work better when we're together, so all our AO’ers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Manage all stages of quantitative (e.g. surveys) and qualitative (e.g. focus groups, 1:1 interviews, etc) customer research studies to answer key business questions, including research proposals, research methodology design, operational execution, and analysis & reporting
- Conduct survey analysis, identify insights and opportunities, and devise recommendations that will inform business decisions aimed at improving the customer experience
- Deliver high-quality, relevant and impactful insight deliverables
- Be a trusted and credible source of customer understanding and insight for various stakeholders around the business.
- Influence teams across AO to take action based on research findings
- Participate in short term and long term strategic planning for customer research initiatives
- Synthesise data and insights across multiple data sources and projects to identify knowledge gaps and opportunities
- Procure and manage 3rd party research agencies (where appropriate)
- Contribute to the development of the company wide insights network through collaboration with brand, tech, and marketing insight teams
A Few Things About You
- Experience of working in a customer research role - both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills - can ‘join the dots’ to deliver actionable insights
- Communicates confidently, succinctly and with impact - including experience of leading presentations and facilitating workshops
- Strong data visualisation and story-telling skills - with a flair for making complex data relevant and accessible without diluting its value and meaning
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.