About The Role
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at AO and we pride ourselves on making decisions that make our Gran proud. So where do our Insight team come in? They act as the voice of the customer, shaping the way we use insights to make sure we have a customer first mentality.
As a Customer Research and Insight Manager at AO, you’ll bring your expertise in customer research and passion for problem solving, and work closely with Jennie our Senior Insight Manager to provide a deeper understanding of our customers needs and wants to help us to drive our decisions, and grow our business further.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday - Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Manage all stages of quantitative and qualitative customer research studies to answer key business questions, including research proposals, research methodology design, operational execution, and analysis & reporting.
• Collect and analyse customer feedback, market trends, and competitive intelligence to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Create data and insights across multiple data sources and projects to identify knowledge gaps and opportunities.
• Deliver high-quality, relevant, and impactful insight deliverables.
• Be a trusted and credible source of customer understanding and insight for various stakeholders around the business.
• Influence teams across AO to act based on research findings.
• Contribute to the development of the company wide insights network through collaboration with brand, tech, and marketing insight teams.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to continuously enhance the company's customer research methodologies.
A Few Things About You
• Experience of working within a customer research or insight based role with both qualitative and quantitative expertise
• We’d love if you had experience of social listening, UX and creative testing but this can be taught!
• A people person who can build relationships and has experience in leading presentations and facilitating workshops
• You can ‘join the dots’ to deliver actionable insights, bringing excellent data analysis skills with you
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
• Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
• Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
• Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
• Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
• Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
• Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
• Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
• Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
• On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!