A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We’re on a mission to be the Best Contact Centre in Europe and we’re on the lookout for an exceptional Team Manager to run our Weekend team to help us get there.
With our high performance culture and a huge department we need to find someone with a passion for developing those that they lead, fixing every sort of Customer query you can imagine whilst making sure it’s all done to an Exceptional standard. Our commitment to being exceptional means hard work and we are happy to offer this with a smile on our face because we care more.
Every detail matters to us, but nothing is more important than making our Customers happy. To do that you’ll need to be passionately obsessed with what the business is doing and how your team are performing. Your first responsibility would be to understand our Culture, Vision & Values and measures of success.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Positively influence daily call volumes to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
* Display our exceptional behaviours like Care, Urgency & Determination.
* Use all the Coaching, Leadership and Management skills you have to understand your team’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Goals and Dreams.
* Drive our Culture & Values from within the team.
* The atmosphere of the team starts and ends with their leader - Injecting fun and passion into the role for advisors is key.
* Looking after our customers that feel the need to escalate their call
* Continually stay up to speed with the fast paced nature of our Business.
* Help to reinvent Customer centric processes and encourage continuous improvement.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.