A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
More About the Role
At AO Mobile, we are passionate about providing exceptional customer service. We offer our customers many routes for them to contact us including calls, emails, live chat and social media.
The hours for the role are 40 hours per week on a rota basis Mon - Sun
We’re on a mission to be the Best Contact Centre in Europe so we’re on the lookout for an exceptional Team Manager to help us get there.
With a huge Team in Customer Experience we need to find someone with a passion for developing those that they lead, fixing every sort of Customer query you can imagine whilst making sure it’s all done to an Exceptional standard. We work hard in the AO Contact Centre, and always want to do it with a smile on our face.
Every detail matters to us, but nothing is more important than making our Customers happy. To do that you’ll need to be passionately obsessed with what the business is doing, how your team are performing and understanding the Culture, Vision and Values we hold dear in the Contact Centre.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Manage Daily Call Volumes to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
* Display exceptional behaviours like Care, Urgency & Determination.
* Use all the Coaching, Leadership and Management skills you have to understand your Team’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Goals and Dreams.
* Drive our Culture & Values from within.
* Maintain a positive Team Atmosphere.
* Dealing with Escalated Customers
* Continually stay up to speed with the fast paced nature of our Business.
* Help to reinvent processes to ensure they are Customer centric.
A Few Things About You
- An impressive background in leading people in a Customer Facing environment - not specifically Contact Centre! If you are a great Manager, we can teach you what we do and how we do it.
* Expert Organisational skills to enable you to manage many varied tasks.
* A passion for Self Development - you earn your progression here at AO.
* Strong communication & influencing skills. You’ll deal with Customers, Your Team and different departments as part of this role.
* A desire to learn quickly - we’re not your average Business!
* Day to Day Management of your Team - Coaching, Managing and Developing People through 1:1’s, Team Meetings, Call Listening & Appraisals
* A strong knowledge of HR procedures and policies
Why Choose AO?
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of AO mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.