A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
At AO we are passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience. We offer our customers many routes including calls, emails, live chat and social media.
You will be ensuring our customers have the best possible journey with us by taking inbound calls and ensuring that every customer leaves having had a positive experience. Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do and the foundation of our success lies on keeping it the best it can be.
The hours for the role are 37.5 hours per week on a rota between 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 8pm Saturday and Sunday. The rota will include working 3 weekends out of 8.
We’re on a mission to be the Best Contact Centre in Europe! Could you be one of the exceptional People that help get us there?
Our people are engaging, happy and work without restraint to delight our Customers! You have thousands of different ways you can make them happy, because it's always 100% about the Customer Experience.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Delight our customers by finding a resolve that suits them - treat them like they’re family. Throwing money at a problem does not make it go away - care, ownership and attention are what matters.
- We are all humans.. being smart when you’re speaking to customers creates a seamless experience. There isn't always one way to solve a problem.
- Be Exceptional in the moments that matter.. Customers will always remember how you made them feel.
- Embody our Culture and our Values.
- Deal with all types of queries over the phone, by email, using Live-chat and even Social Media.
- Understand how your performance impacts the whole Contact Centre.
A Few Things About You
- Care. It’s number 1 on the list of importance for us.
- Be driven enough to make a success and a career in Customer Experience. This isn’t just about the fantastic salary and benefits on offer, it’s so much more than that.
- Strong communication & influencing skills. You’ll get to work with Customers, Your Team and so many other different departments as part of this role.
- Being innovative and bold in what you- don't be afraid to try new ways of working that can improve our processes and customer journey
- Come to work with a smile, we look for positive people and believe if you enjoy what you do, you do it better and we want you to have fun here at AO.
- A passion to learn and an ability to do so quickly keeping up with the fast pace of the business, being open and flexible to change.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.