About The Role
We’re looking for a technical all-rounder with a real passion for and experience in supporting creative production teams. You’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude as we are in essence a start-up. The answer is always yes and you’ll really need to get stuck in to make things happen as we build. At times you will need to wear many hats as we get this team off the ground.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work with a brilliant team in the stunning state-of-the-art facilities; in a role, you can really put your own stamp on, whilst hopefully having some fun
You’ll work closely with our Executive Producer to facilitate and deliver their vision for the studio from a technical perspective, allowing our teams to concentrate on making great content
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- In short, make sure our creative and production teams have the best tools for the job and ensure they are set up for success every day.
- Building and maintaining the creative production infrastructure and workflows for a world-class content studio.
- Supporting live events and broadcasts
- Ensuring our edit suites, storage, and film studio work seamlessly on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting technical issues quickly as they arise. You will be or go to the technical wizard.
- Anticipating problems before they happen and suggesting solutions.
- Software and hardware management & strategy.
- Working closely with the studio team in Manchester to ensure we are able to collaborate and share work easily.
- Being the conduit between the studio and the wider AO IT / Technical team.
- Have an eye on the future to help us constantly evolve and utilise new creative technologies and ways of working
A Few Things About You
- Experienced in supporting PC & Mac-based environments. Our edit suits are PC based
- Extensive knowledge of video and film production techniques and kit.
- Experience with creative software packages including Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4d etc
- Knowledge of cloud-based and local storage, including archive and backup solutions
- You have a real passion for technology in the creative space and are adept at problem-solving.
- Laid back can do attitude - no request however ridiculous phases you.
- You’ve planned, implemented & supported new technology, software, and infrastructure for creative production facilities including storage solutions, post-production suites, studio areas, audio facilities etc.
- Future focussed outlook to lead the studio from a technical perspective to ensure we keep abreast of new technologies as they become available.
- You have a proven track record of delivering change at pace.
- Experience in supporting all kinds of content creation - video, live broadcast, 3d / CGI, digital etc
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.