About The Role
It’s an exciting time at AO, as we’re on a journey of Creative Transformation, looking to revolutionise and raise the bar creatively across all of the content we produce.
Our 30+ strong 3d & Motion graphics teams are the fulcrum of our Manchester studio, producing brilliant CGI content for our website and marketing campaigns. The output is primarily video, but also stills, with a focus on product focussed output. We’re looking for an inspirational creative leader and craftsperson to drive the quality of our output. You’ll lead, inspire and develop the team to ensure we’re at the top of our game in this space, consistently delivering best in class content.
We’ve recently invested significantly in new studio technology and are about to migrate from Cinema 4d to Maya software. We need someone to help us get the best out of the team and make sure they are firing on all cylinders as we make this important transition. Capable of hitting the ground running and working at pace, you’ll have an eye on the future to ensure our team develops and moves according to business need.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Inspire and motivate the team to ensure our CG & Motion Graphics output is creatively best in class. You’ll never settle for second best.
· Creative direction of projects.
· Pitch ideas and run creative presentations.
· Creative development of ideas into final highly crafted content.
· Work closely and collaborate with other studio disciplines, such as design and copy, as well as with stakeholders across the wider business.
· Steer and contribute to scripts & ideas.
· Deliver feedback to the team in a constructive and motivating manner, helping to move the work on to solve creative challenges.
· Identify skill gaps and developmental needs of the team, and rectify these through mentoring, training and intelligent recruitment where needed.
· Help define the optimal shape and resource mix of the team, and our future strategy.
· Develop a detailed knowledge of the individual team members skill sets, helping us to cast each project optimally.
· Helping to define a projects creative approach, resource needs, talent mix and timescales.
· Collaborate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning.
A Few Things About You
· You’re a creative leader, with at least 10 years experience in the world of 3D / Motion graphics.
· You want to make the best work of your career and have some fun doing it.
· You have a standout portfolio and can clearly demonstrate how you’re able solve creative problems.
· Meticulous in the detail and a real craftsperson at heart.
· Team Management experience.
· Extensive experience of Maya and Vray.
· Great at identifying and attracting top talent with a great black book.
· You are passionate about new technology & innovation.
· Success with effectively and quickly building relationships and establishing trust among team members and peers.
· You are comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Confident with asserting opinions but open to feedback and differing perspectives.
· You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner.
· Restless by nature, always looking to improve.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.