A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Based out of our Manchester creative hub, you’ll join a passionate multi-disciplinary design team that’s focused on creating the best online retail experience.
With a great eye for detail and a genuine passion for design you’ll work collaboratively on creative content across all marketing channels
Great communication skills are essential and the ability to tackle every aspect of projects from start to finish is a must.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Participate in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaborating with the creative designers and wider creative teams to constantly push the boundaries of our creations
- When required, work closely with copywriters, developers and stakeholders to understand project objectives, assist in the creation of concepts and produce highly engaging multi-channel artwork.
- Concept and execute responsive web pages, emails, display, social media assets and print material for both manufacturer campaigns and the AO brand.
- Providing accurate updates and time estimates on projects
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, with some experience of working within a creative team
- Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work.
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
- Able to bring pre-defined assets and concepts to life.
- Demonstrates strong layout, design and typography skills
- Displays a good understanding of responsive web design and UX methodologies.
- Takes an interest in advancements in technology and techniques in design, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team.
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE SKILLS - Strong
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE SKILLS - Good
DESIRABLE SKILLS (not essential but nice to have)
HTML 5, CSS
Google web designer
Adobe After Affects
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.