About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious PR or Communications Executive to join AO’s growing in-house communications team, working on a diverse range of topics on the corporate side of our business, from our industry leading recycling business to our logistics and sponsorships, including the AO Arena and Sale Sharks.
We’ve got some fantastic projects coming up in these growing areas of the business so if you get excited about telling interesting, engaging stories across traditional media and social media, then we want to hear from you.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office in Bolton Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- The main focus of this role will see you supporting the team in implementing the AO group communications strategy across traditional media as well as social media, particularly LinkedIn and owned channels
- Being a newshound, constantly seeking out the latest news about our services, colleagues and customers
- Coordinating with the Consumer PR and internal communications teams to make sure that every story we tell has the maximum impact
- Researching, planning, writing and distributing stories across a number of communications channels to generate coverage and engagement
- Taking technical topics and turning them into stories that a wider range of audiences can understand and engage with
- Helping to source and create stories for use on social media
- Monitoring comms channels on a daily basis to identify opportunities to promote the AO brand
- Collating, analysing and evaluating campaigns
- Developing strong internal relationships across the AO group
- Running weekly / monthly team reports and analysing data to inform future planning
A Few Things About You
- At least two years’ experience in a fast paced journalistic / PR / comms environment gained either in-house or in agency at an account executive level
- You’ll be a team player that thrives on getting stuck in and working on a variety of projects
- You’ll have exceptional writing skills and a nose for a good story
- You’ll have experience creating engaging social media plans
- Strong media selling-in skills and able to build relationships with journalists
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- Able to create content with panache and clarity that fits AO’s brand
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.