A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
At AO, we’re passionate about making our customers the happiest they can be through our incredible electricals and excellent services - and this all starts with our fantastic content.
As a Copywriter, you’ll be crafting personality-packed copy and scripts for multiple campaigns, across a wide variety of customer-facing and B2B channels. From the latest onsite campaigns and merchandising to videos, social posts, emails, offsite display, print and partner sites - your work will be seen and watched by thousands of our happy customers and clients.
You’ll play a really important role in talking to our customers about our fantastic products and services throughout their journey and beyond - writing both long and short form pieces of content in-line with AO’s tone of voice. You need to be an innovative thinker who can confidently craft and talk about creative concepts from start to finish. You’ll have a flair for writing great copy, with the ability to flex our tone of voice in response to briefs from across the business.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- You’ll be responsible for the developing and delivering creative copy and scripts for on and offsite campaigns, customer communications, social media and AO’s editorial hub.
- Collaborating with Creative and UX Designers to make sure visuals and copy are always working hand-in-hand.
- Working with Motion Graphics experts and 3D Animators to script incredible video content for our AO social channels, onsite campaigns and internal communications.
- Working closely with Account Managers to make sure we’re acting as warm and friendly translators of complicated new tech for our customers.
- Be a tone of voice guardian across the business, ensuring that everything we create works within our guidelines and ladders up to our brand personality.
A Few Things About You
- You’re an innovative and creative writer with a strong understanding of what makes great copy, and a sound grasp of language and grammar.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of working on multiple projects with varying timelines.
- You’re an excellent communicator, confident with managing up and presenting ideas to seniors and project stakeholders.
- You’ll be comfortable taking direction and feedback from multiple stakeholders and levels across the business.
- You’re curious of mind and like to stay on top of the latest media, communication and advertising trends.
- You’re comfortable combining commercial business need, brand discipline and creative thinking.
- You have an interest in behavioural science and consumer psychology, and an awareness of how this affects the content you create.
- You’ll have 2+ years’ experience writing copy and scripts in-house or agency side, across multiple channels and campaigns.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.