About The Role
At AO, we’re passionate about helping our customers find amazing electricals for their home - and this journey starts with our incredible online content.
As a Copy Team Lead you’ll play an important role in shaping content across our core web pages, bringing our large and small kitchen appliance categories to life and making the shopping journey as easy as possible for customers.
We have an important job of turning the technical and complicated into friendly, easy-to-understand content, so you’ll need to be passionate about tech, super-creative and be able to keep your content varied and full of personality. You’ll need to be innovative and driven to help create industry-leading, game-changing copy that is in line with the brand tone of voice. And you’ll be responsible for ensuring the Copy Team follow these same standards. You’ll also need to be organised to ensure work is delivered on time by yourself and other team members, and report on deadlines and progress as required.Please note - The role will be based remotely whilst we are working inline with the current guidelines. Going forward the role will be based at our office in Horwich, Bolton with some remote working availability (likely to be 2 days a week, to be discussed throughout the interview process)
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Responsible for the delivery and development of product content for our kitchen appliance categories
· Responsible for core journey content - using informed data and insights to create an effortless customer experience that maintains a balance between practical instruction and brand personality within the messaging execution.
· Lead messaging innovation by identifying key creative opportunities within our work streams or briefing in requests to other departments.
· Working closely with teams around the business to complete regular BAU work and ensure projects meet deadlines.
· Be the first point of contact for the Copywriters in your area - build strong working relationships, help them to progress their writing and inspire them to think creatively.
· Ensure our content is consistent across the site - be the guardian of tone of voice within product and UX copy.
· Also be the guardian of content quality within the team - ensuring the copywriters are working to the highest standards.
· Be proactive, but work closely with the Copy Manager to collaborate on ideas
A Few Things About You
- Qualifications in English Language / Marketing or a relevant subject
* At least 3 years’ experience in a content-related role, ideally in an e-commerce business
* Experience in leading a team preferred but not essential
* Hard working and ambitious
* Excellent communicator
* Highly organised and proactive
* A genuine interest and love of content, writing and storytelling
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.