A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
AO is on a truly inspirational adventure. One of the world’s most innovative Digital companies. We’re taking on challenges around the world and exploring news ways to open up the world for our customers. And you could be part of it all.
Reporting to the Director of Conversion the Digital Conversion Manager will play a critical role in improving the online performance of AO.com through identifying areas of opportunity using quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of digital sources, driving and delivering those changes. You will be at the heart of decision making and ensure makes shopping with AO easy for our customers and they drive commercial value too.
The Conversion Manager will also play a vital role in the day to day performance of website focusing a specific category e.g Major Domestic Appliance (MDA).
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Lead & Manage the Digital Visitor to Sale Conversion for AO.com for the MDA/SDA category(s).
- Digital Conversion Manager owns Digital Conversion and Optimisation for the AO MDA/SDA product category.
- The Digital Conversion Manager is responsible for delivering agreed annual Conversion and Optimisation targets to grow top line sales revenue and Ebitda performance for the category
A Few Things About You
- Strong track record of delivering digital experiences that have delivered double digit Conversion uplifts.
- Demonstrate experience of developing relationships with Trading, Commercial, Marketing, IT, Risk & wider Digital team.
- Highly effective communicator, with ability to change how we think and do
- Outstanding analytical skills, with a proven ability to turn insight into action
- Incredibly organised & capable of working in a constantly changing environment
- Creative and imaginative, yet have a great eye for the detail
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.